Friday, January 13, 2012

The Rut

I am in a rut.
I can't write productively; I have no inspiration. I'm not doing anything new. Nothing new has happened. I'm not feeling inspired right now. And that is probably one of the most awful feelings of all time.
Unfortunately there is absolutely nothing--and I repeat, nothing--you can do about a rut. Talk to a friend, go take a jog, do something new; it might help for a while, but being stuck in your head with nothing to think about is a feeling that will never go away no matter what you do.
So I guess I have to suck it up.
Unless something interesting happens, I'm still going to be in a rut. :p I don't like that feeling. I want to actually go out there and start something. Make something happen. Prove to myself that I'm actually here.
Well, I might as well add a unicorn, a record deal, an acting contract, a llama, two tickets to an all-expense paid trip of the Harry Potter Wizarding World, and a unlimited, any-store-you-want, shopping spree (because retail therapy works and I don't really care right now that they're taking advantage of us and whatnot)
If you actually made it down here, then congrats.
Best,
Anjor
P.S. The view from down here? I'm too exhausted to look.

1 comment: