Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Onion (wonderful)

I've taken to cooking.
It's so much fun. I get a recipe, and end up substituting and improvising as I go along. Sometimes it's because I'm too lazy to go out and actually buy the ingredients that we don't have, and sometimes it's just because of my intuition. I'm not a great cook, but I'm not horrible either, and I totally enjoy creating.
But today, I was attempting to chop an onion.
I tried everything. Sunglasses, swim goggles; I still ended up crying and sniffing as I chopped.
And that was when I had an epiphany (so cliche, I know).
I'm an onion. Well, not that way, but in the sense that I have layers. There's a different side of me the deeper you get and there's a different part of me the deeper I go. And everyone's like that. It's not just me.
We're all onions.
So embrace your inner onion. Don't be afraid to. You may be a tear-inducing veggie, but then again, your in the same boat as everybody else.
I have new respect for the onion.
(And no, I STILL refuse to eat them, Mom)
Love,
Anjor
P.S. Sorry I haven't written in so long.
P.P.S. The view from down here? I'm too busy chopping onions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment