This new post is dedicated to a certain bestie of mine who came through in a time when I was spinning without stopping. I love you, and I always will. I've got your back like you've got mine. :)
They say when you're in middle school/high school/a teenager, you're supposed to be angsty. You're supposed to be moody and snap-ish. Horrible, emo and awful. Hormonal. But nobody tells you what to do when you're five seconds away from throwing yourself onto your bed, crying uncontrollably, and having a mental breakdown.
And see, people say that God invited beer because he/she/I don't know loved us. But no. He/She/I don't know invented best friends because he/she/I don't know loved us.
I called my best friend. She listened, and that was all I wanted (though I didn't know I needed somebody to do that, and it was what I needed most), and even though she's not usually the one I run to with feelings and stuff like that, she honestly came through for me. She calmed me down. She understood exactly what I was going through, and even if she didn't, she still helped tons. She didn't make any false promises. She did tell me that tomorrow was going to be "a new day to start over" and I'd just go about skipping around, a little ray of happiness and sunshine. Instead, she showed me that sometimes, even though we feel so alone, we really aren't. She showed me that she was there for me and she listened without judging--no matter how crazy I must have sounded. And honestly, I'm glad to have her as my best friend. I'm proud to call her my best friend. And I think I finally understand a tiny part of what it means to be a best friend. It's a two-way street. And should she ever need me, I'll be there with a hug and a hot drink. Because that's just what best friends do.
Until later,
Anjor
P.S. The view from down here? Can't make anything out, but I've got somebody down here with me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment